Saturday, November 1, 2008

Must. Win.

The Sabres will be graced tonight with the return of a for realz center!
Apparently, Tim Connolly does exist. For some reason it's easier to believe that he's always been just a mirage. You see him in the distance, become ecstatic and jump for joy in the anticipation of getting to him... and then, as soon as you're within earshot of him, POOF! He disappears.

So, the Sabres have to win this game. Not only are they fresh off a loss to the LOLightning, but TC is back in the lineup. Victory guaranteed. Right? RIGHT?!

At least if they lose, a victory for the Bills tomorrow is guaranteed! I mean, come on, we all saw last season how a Saturday Sabres win secured a Bills loss and how a Saturday Sabres loss made the Bills game a must-see.

So, Tim Connolly, please don't be an idiot, and please last longer than three minutes and twenty-seven seconds in this game. I'd actually love to see you play in twenty games this season. That, to me, would be a smashing success. Also. Just as it was up to Derek Roy and Maxim Afinogenov to win the game against the Lightning to prevent seeing bodies floating in the water outside their condos the next day (seriously why has that not been in the news at all? MASSIVE cover-up), so it is your responsibility to ensure a win tonight, and for the same reason.

I will actually try to take notes during this game...

4 comments:

Jill said...

I am skeptical that he does exist... we will see... I shall ask to be pinched if a number 19 actually appears on the ice...

Shelby said...

Tim Connolly will be the savior on the power play...unless he decides to crap out in the pregame skate and NOT participate in tonight's game. ):

Oh whatever, I don't even know how I really feel about him coming back. Ecstatic? Worried? Expecting him to drop dead or get a hangnail in the first few minutes of the hockey game? (Yeah I know those two things are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.)

Cari said...

Just as it was up to Derek Roy and Maxim Afinogenov to win the game against the Lightning to prevent seeing bodies floating in the water outside their condos the next day (seriously why has that not been in the news at all? MASSIVE cover-up), so it is your responsibility to ensure a win tonight, and for the same reason.


AHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't get laid out on the ice and die. I'd like to wear my Connolly jersey with dignity in Boston next Saturday.

Jael said...

Expecting him to drop dead or get a hangnail in the first few minutes of the hockey game? (Yeah I know those two things are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.)

But the thing with Connolly is, both those things have an equal chance of happening, and both would keep him from playing. ^_^