Saturday, November 8, 2008

Um, guys? Wake up.


How.... do the Sabres... go from great... to terrible... when usually in games... if there's going to be a progression like that... it goes the opposite way...

I'm going to not say anything else about this game other than that the second goal was weeeeaaaak and that I am pissed at them not only for allowing forty SOG but for... everything, basically.

What happened to the team of two games ago?

This is ridiculous.

I can't say more.... Everyone else is going to cover it pretty fully, I'm sure, and honestly, I just don't feel like writing anything about an effort that was that poor.

Oh, and the decision to bench Paille was a stupid one at best. And the decision to not play Lalime was, although expected and not stupid, still not the one I would have liked to see. Miller's head was not in the game at all tonight, for whatever reason. He made some nice saves and only let in one terrible goal, but... he just wasn't focused.

The defense was terrible... The offense was non-existent...

I honestly would not care if they had not already shown us perfectly how to play excellent, Cup-worthy hockey. If they had come into the season playing inconsistently and still stuck in last year, then I would have fun with the wins and not mind the losses. Having what you know is a great team before you really makes the bad efforts much harder to take. I just hope that the inconsistency is not here to stay, because my goodness, have they ever been that lately. Sometimes, expectations are not fun.

Apparently Matt (NOT Dan) Ellis was never claimed by the Kings... and is now in Portland... I have no idea how it was reported that he was claimed. ...I just know that everybody was reporting it.

5 comments:

M.J. said...

AHA!! FAKE ASS NUMBER #37 GOT HIS!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRETEND TO BE MIKE RYAN AND YOU DISPARAGE THE SACRED 37!!!! YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE LEGEND MATT!!

Jill said...

I vote for a bag skate...

Shelby said...

And you think the Sabres have to get their head in the game, how about those guys saying Matt Ellis was claimed off waivers? The whole weekend is just a big 'WTF' moment.

Jael said...

AHA!! FAKE ASS NUMBER #37 GOT HIS!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRETEND TO BE MIKE RYAN AND YOU DISPARAGE THE SACRED 37!!!! YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE LEGEND MATT!!

This explanation for why he was sent down never once occurred to me.

It all makes perfect sense now. Thank you, MJ. ^_^

The whole weekend is just a big 'WTF' moment.

I know... Did this weekend even actually happen?

Jill said...

I know... Did this weekend even actually happen?

I'm going with nope... it was all just a really bad dream.