Friday, November 21, 2008

Relaxation

I have found an excellent place to keep track of the Portland Pirates.

This pleases me. Immensely, in fact. The complete inability to watch games is going to put a bit of a damper on my fandom, but at the very least, I can read a live blog! I can also listen to games online. There's one going on right now; I'm in the process of downloading a plug-in so I can listen to it. YAY! I can listen! I could watch, too, but I don't exactly feel like spending $140 so that I can watch two weeks of AHL hockey, or even the $6.00 required to watch only individual games. Right now, it's scoreless at the first intermission. It saddens me that I won't be able to hear the awesomeness that is Gerbe-Kennedy-Mancari play together, but I am glad that Mancari has been playing so stinkin' well.

Oh, dear. The game just came back on... This commentator sounds like he is in college. It is strange. That is all about that.

I love not even having any idea of the score in the Sabres game right now. It is so freeing, and it's probably a good thing, I'm sure, because the Sabres are probably losing 89-4 or something like that.

My favorite Sabres prospect is Kennedy... just throwing that out there. He always has been, ever since we drafted/traded for him. I watched him with Michigan State whenever I had the opportunity, and that championship game two years ago was really just the icing on the cake for me when it comes to him. Kennedy scored the tying goal to make it 1-1 with about ten minutes left, and he had a sweet pass from behind the net to Abdelkader in the crease to score the game winner with just under twenty seconds to go in the game. BC pulled their goaltender, then, and essentially... Mueller, yet another Buffalo child on the Spartans, scored an empty-netter. Great night to be from Buffalo! I loved Lerg in that game, too... Can't say enough good things about a 5'4" goaltender with severe asthma who has enough natural athletic ability to make highlight reel save after highlight reel save. But Kennedy was just... He was the best player on the ice the entire game. And Gerbe scored the lone goal for BC (and of course won the championship the next year).... It was a good night to be a Sabres fan as well as a Tim Kennedy/Spartans fan. But, yeah, I've always followed Tim Kennedy, and now I will likely always keep track of the Spartans, just because of him and all the other kids from Buffalo that were on that team a few years ago.

I don't even feel strange not watching the Sabres play right now and even not knowing the score of the game... In fact, it is beautiful. Much less stressful. I am positive that they are losing right now, anyway. Absolutely positive. I say... 2-1 Flyers right now. That sounds about right.

The Pirates do not sound like they are doing very well right now. They sound sloppy, and they have been rather undisciplined so far tonight. There is still no score, about halfway through the second period. I would love to be able to watch the game... Oh well.

I love having a tracker... So far, I've had visitors from France, India, and Malaysia. There's been one in Washington, one in Oregon, one in Colorado, one in Kansas.... These are just the random ones. I expect visitors from Chicago and Lansing and everywhere up and down the East Coast (Buffalo transplants), but the international folks and the ones in random Midwestern and West Coast states are quite entertaining.

WOOO!!!!! A couple minutes into the third, and Schutz just scored! 1-0 Pirates!
Behold the glory.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Too bad they lost tonight in a shootout. ): To Boston's farm team, no less. Can Boston go away, seriously? I'm so freaking sick of them. Or maybe it's the blood in my veins talking, but either way, I'm not happy tonight.