Saturday, November 1, 2008

PARTTTTYYYYY

Third period:

-I have been screaming for a Vanek-Roy-Pominville line FOREVER. Thank you, Lindy Ruff!

-I kinda like penalties to the other team. You know.

-Derek Roy is an idiot

-Miller, Miller, Miller. SHUTOUT. YES I SAID IT. AND THERE ARE SIXTEEN MINUTES LEFT. I’M NOT CRAZY, I PROMISE. WHEN I CALL SHUTOUTS, HE FREAKIN GETS THEM. I’ve been wrong once in the past two seasons… but that’s it. You can just tell when he is in the zone…

-Goal posts are Ryan Miller’s best friend twice tonight

-lulz Paille blocked MacArthur’s shot

-Still doing VERY well at breaking up plays in front of the net

-BEAUTIFUL play on that Paille goal. Any breakaway in which Paille is involved turns into magical goodness.

-That hooking call on Roy was ridiculously obvious. I basically hate Roy this season.

-EEE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SHUTOUT. I TOOOOOOLD YOU!


I would like to take full credit for this game and its awesomeness. Oh, and Tim Connolly... wasn't all that bad, either.


Now, who gets the pigeon?! Vanek? Miller? Paille? Kaleta? NOT Roy.


This game was... interesting. I predicted them to win 5-0 (not here, but a message board), and I called Miller's shutout only a few minutes in the third... And Vanek scored two. Not three. No hatty. Just two.


I saw great effort from the team defensively. They were not as good as they were the first few games of the season, but baby steps, right? They were blocking shots all over the place and getting in the face of guys who dared stand in the crease and breaking up plays in front of the net all night long. I adored it. That is how you play hockey!


I am not even going to speculate on anything tonight, or write a novel on how much Derek Roy sucked. I am simply going to gloat because I called this game from the get-go and bask in the glory of winning with a Ryan Miller shutout. With Enroth's shutout the other night, I cannot wait until Lalime's contract is up and we have ourselves a beautiful 1A 1B goaltending situation.


I so desperately want to expound on how terrible Derek Roy was tonight. The idea is incredibly tempting. But, I won't. No bad thoughts tonight! No!


Tim Connolly even made it through the game without dying. Cheers to Timmah!


Oh, and as for all the blogs on wordpress.... Yeah, I'm having a problem with being able to look at them on my laptop. I have to go to the Google cache of them in order to read, and I can't comment... So, any of you people reading this right now, I DO read all your entries! I am just unable to comment on them. =(


2 comments:

Shelby said...

My brother called Derek Roy a 'putz' on the radio today. Seriously - can the guy stay on his feet for a few seconds? I'd appreciate it if he could clear the puck out of the zone during the penalty kill and not have to watch him fall over a million times and fan on the damn puck.

Caroline said...

In the dying minutes of the game I was saying to myself, "Ryan better get a shutout, or so help me god..."